Curbside Textile Recycling
Beginning July 31, 2017
The average American throws away 70 pounds of clothing and other textiles every year; only 15 percent are donated (EPA). For The Woodlands that amounts to 3,300 tons annually. That is seven percent of our municipal waste. In an effort to help this growing problem, The Woodlands Township has partnered with Simple Recycling to offer curbside pickup of clothing, shoes, textiles and small household items.
Simple Recycling is a for-profit recycler committed to offering residents a convenient way to keep usable materials from the landfill. The program is free of charge and simple to use.
Step 1: Place clothing, shoes and home goods into the orange bags provided by Simple Recycling. Simple Recycling will also provide residents with tags for larger items that will not fit inside the bags. You can request additional bags at www.SimpleRecycling.com/supplies.
Step 2: Place your bags at the curb on your normal service day [link: The Woodlands Trash and Recycling Service Map Viewer App] by 7 a.m. Simple Recycling materials should be placed at least 4’ away from your trash and recycling carts.
Step 3: A Simple Recycling truck will collect the bags and recycle the items for reuse. A replacement bag will be left for you.
The following items will be accepted at the curb by Simple Recycling:
- Men's, women's and children’s clothing
- Coats and Jackets
- Sleeping Bags
- Small Furniture
- Small Appliances, such as toasters, microwaves and coffee makers
Collection Schedule, Missed Pick-Up or Unresolved Service Issues
- Click here to determine service day.
- To report a missed textile bag pickup or to order additional bags, call Simple Recycling at 866-863-5068.
- To report unresolved service issues, please contact The Woodlands Township Environmental Services Department at 281-210-3800.