- Audit Committee
- Booking and Blocking Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- Investment Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Task Force - Del Webb
- Task Force - Storm Drainage
- Economic Development Zone
- John McMullan
- John Anthony Brown
- Carol Stromatt
handle dispute resolution.
- Nick Wolda (Term expires December 31, 2019)
- Jayson Garcia (Term expires December 31, 2020)
- Kim Lowe (Term expires December 31, 2019)
- Bruce Rieser
- Ann Snyder
- Carol Stromatt
The purpose of the Investment Committee is to review and make recommendations to the Board of Directors on the investment and reinvestment of the District's funds in accordance with the conditions and guidelines set forth in the District's Investment Policy.
- Ann Snyder, Secretary
- John Anthony Brown, Treasurer
- Don Norrell, President / General Manager, Township
The purpose of the Ad Hoc Transportation Committee was to develop a transportation action plan for consideration by The Woodlands Township Board of Directors. This transportation action plan provides strategic direction for future Township involvement in local transportation issues, initiatives and committees.
On May 25, 2016, in response to concerns raised by Township residents, the Township Board of Directors directed the development of a task force for the purpose of getting interested parties and agencies together to discuss and resolve concerns related to the Del Webb development project. The primary concern expressed by Township residents who live adjacent to the development is drainage/water runoff problems created by the new development work. The Del Webb project has a master drainage plan for the site and is located outside of the boundaries of the Township.
The Township does not have authority over drainage issues within the community or authority over properties outside of the Township. The purpose of the Task Force is to provide oversight for this process and establish a communication process for the duration of the project.
PurposeOn June 22, 2016, in response to concerns raised by Township residents during recent weather events, the Township Board of Directors directed the development of a task force to provide an opportunity to facilitate discussion of community drainage concerns and to discuss how to improve the performance of the storm drainage systems that serve properties in The Woodlands Township.
The suggested focus of this task force is to work cooperatively with all organizations that have a role in the planning, development, management and maintenance of drainage systems within the Township boundaries to:
- Focus on ways to improve the short term and long term performance of existing drainage systems, and
- Seek to assure that drainage systems in growth areas adjacent to The Woodlands will not negatively impact property located within The Woodlands Township boundaries.
The Economic Development Zone (EDZ) is a political subdivision of the State, separate from The Woodlands Township, with a separate governing body appointed by The Woodlands Township. The Zone possesses the same power and authority as the Township to assess a tax, either ad valorem or a sales and use tax, and utilize such tax to promote the initial development or substantial redevelopment of an area if the Board finds that the creation of the Zone furthers the public purpose of:
(1) the development and diversification of the economy of the Township and the State;
(2) the elimination of unemployment or underemployment in the Township and the State;
(3) the development or expansion of transportation or commerce in the Township and the State; or,
(4) the promotion and stimulation of business, commercial, and economic activity in the Township and the State.